For this weeks Tuesday Round Up I wanted to share a little guide to one of my favorite neighborhoods in San Diego, North Park! I figure for anyone local you can discover some new spots that are so worth the short ride and for anyone that plans on visiting San Diego you can have a little list to some must visit spots in an area that is being called the next Silver Lake, kinda a big deal!
Hope you enjoy my loves and if you visit any of these spots, tell me what you think!
Where to Eat:
- City Tacos: Inspired by recipes passed down through generations, and a passion for quality cuisine that is true to Mexican traditions, yet paired with a dash of Southern California flavor. Get your craft tacos, paired with fresh home-made salsas, local craft beer and agua frescas! Yum!
- Carnitas Snack Shack: This is the holy grail of pork! Nothing fancy here just a little walk up taco shop with a small patio in the back but the chef serves up the most decadent and delicious pork creations! For sure one of those places you only go to when you are ok feeling guilty for days over the goodness you've consumed.
- URBN Coal Fired Pizza: Nom Nom Nom! All I can say is if you want great pizza and a killer cocktail, GO to URBN Pizza! Such a favorite spot when we are celebrating with friends because it is big and open and so perfect for large parties.
- Hammond's Ice Cream Shop: Perfect for a tasty treat. My current favorite is the Pineapple Coconut Cream!
Get a Cup a Joe!
- Holsem Coffee: Ok so San Diego has recently become the capital of two things, Coffee & Beer! I'm not a beer drinker so I'll talk coffee. North Park hosts one of my all time favorite coffee shops in San Diego, Holsem Coffee. Not only is the coffee amazing, try the Lavender Mocha, aesthetically it is epic. For me a visual space is as important as the service and product itself so for me this place is Winner!
- Hello Birdie Nails & Lash Bar: My favorite new gem in this hip neighborhood is Hello birdie Nail and Lash Bar! It takes the mani/pedi to a whole new level by offering inspiring nail art with trendy nail designs that are so fun right now! Best new accessory that last weeks! I also tried lash extension for the first time with these babes and let me tell you it changed my life! I'm hooked! Hello Birdie is the perfect choice for a girls date, special occasion like a bridal shower or bachelorette or just cause you deserve it! Treat yo self! ;)
Where to Shop:
- Mimi & Red Boutique: A couple of besties opened up this awesome boutique in 2007 and brought brands like One Teaspoon, Chaser, LA Made, Tokyo Milk to the neighborhood to name a few. Think boho meets hipster rocker chic. Good stuff!
- Pigment Boutique: This is my go-to store whenever I need to find a special gift for anyone including myself! Honestly, I even find myself going to Pigment for a little inspiration. Beautifully curated pieces for your home, your kids and you! The space is open and airy and offers everything from home goods to jewelry and even items for your littles. This one you can't miss!
Also worth mentioning, The General Store is apparently opening a new location in the North Park neighborhood soon too! Keep an eye out, I love their Venice and San Francisco locations!
- Aloha Sunday: This is a men's clothing shop re-imagined. A great mix of Southern California surf style with East Coast New York city tailoring and attention to detail.
Have a Cocktail:
- 7 Grand: I am a whiskey girl so 7 Grand speaks to my soul! A hugely extensive selection of whiskeys from around the globe and ambiance that is so sexy. They offer awesome musical acts throughout the week including jazz from highly respected names such as trumpeter Gilbert Castellanos every Wednesday night.
All Image credit given to their respective parties above